Episode 001 - Introduction
Garden Zones range from zone 1 to 10. The far north being zone 1. The further you travel south the zone number increases. Its important to know your regional zone when gardening.
- Canada's plant hardiness zones:
- North American plant hardiness zones roughly follow the latitude:
- European plant hardiness zones show patterns that don't follow the latitudes as closely:
- Other plant hardiness zone resources:
Seeds and plants are designated a zone number where they will thrive. When ordering seeds or plants, they must be able to thrive in your zone.
- Veseys specializes in seeds and growing equipment for northern climates:
- Richters is another popular seed house:
- Seed savers has a mission to help preserve ancestral and heirloom seeds:
- Heritage Harvest Seeds: